Senior Agenda Link

Senior Agenda airs live every Thursday morning at 10 am. Podcasts are also available.



Sunday, September 8, 2013

Winners of Senior Agenda's Grandparents Day Writing Contest Announced


Thank you to everyone who submitted an entry and liked the contest.  Winners will be invited to participate in our first Senior Agenda of 2014 which will air live on January 9th at 10:00am on www.talktainmentradio.com.  Visa gift card prizes will be awarded at that time.  Please do not forget to honor your own grandparents today as we celebrate Nation Grandparents Day.  We believe the winning entries speak for themselves.  

1st Place goes to Angie Shroyer who wrote this:  

My grandmother, Evaline, is an absolute saint.  She would give anyone the clothes off her back if asked.  I enjoyed spending every summer with her as a child.  I remember her making each one of her grandchildren's birthdays special by throwing huge parties for each one...15 of us I believe.  She is top chef in my book, and will not let you leave her home without eating a 4 course meal. During difficult times growing up, she brought us through without question.  She helped me as I struggled working full time and being a new mom.  Every day she encouraged me, praised me and prayed with me.  She makes each one of her great grandchildren feel just as special and loved.  She is one of the most positive and uplifting people I have ever come across in my entire life.  She is most definitely my hero and I am so thankful to be her granddaughter.


2nd Place goes to Brenda Copeland who wrote this:  

We would spend a lot of time with my father's parents.  When I was 7, my dad passed away.  After that, my grandparents would come and get me and my brothers every weekend.  If it wasn't for them doing that we would not know my dad's side of the family.  I am truly blessed for the commitment they made.  We would have missed out on the loving, caring and huge family that we have.  My great-grandparents had 12 children, 26 grandchildren and countless great grandchildren and more.  I knew we had a big family, but everyone was so close.  We make it a point to get together in the summer and we have a huge Christmas gathering every year.  I am now 45 and my grandmother passed away in April.  I was lucky enough to spend some quality time with her before her passing. She was my biggest supporter and was my best friend all throughout my life.  I love you Grandmother Bonnie!!!

3rd Place goes to Colleen Miller Edge who wrote this:

My grandpa Maynard was the most amazing man I've ever known. He was silly, funny, kind. handsome, loving, smart, hard working, and just a wonderful person.  Growing up, we lived only a mile away from him and my grandma so I saw them almost every day.  My favorite memories with my grandpa are from traveling around the family farm on the back of my grandpa's 3-wheeler.  He used to tote me around as we drove to "China."  This was the area at the very back of their property and once we got to the back fence, he would describe how different it looked on the other side of the fence because China was so far away! Haha! He was just always so playful and always doing everything he could to show his love for his family.  It will be nine years this December since he passed away and I still miss him every single day. I can still hear his voice and would give almost anything to be able to see him just once more.  The topic of this contest is "Why I Love My Grandparents." I love my grandpa because he showed what unconditional, genuine love really was.  He was everything that a grandparent is supposed to be.  I am so thankful for the time I got to spend with him. 

No comments:

Post a Comment