Here are just some of the goals that we are actively working towards:
- To stop elder abuse, exploitation and neglect.
- To provide better healthcare and housing options for seniors.
- To raise awareness and demand a cure for dementia and Alzheimer's.
- To honor and protect the elderly.
- To celebrate aging instead of practicing ageism.
- To stop scams against seniors and to catch and punish those who prey on seniors.
- To understand the aging process.
- To refuse to allow seniors to live in poverty or be homeless.
- To listen to seniors and allow their voices to be heard.
- To stop Medicare and Medicaid fraud.
- To protect pensions, retirements funds and Social Security.
- To make Medicare more transparent.
- To ensure that seniors get the same aggressive healthcare treatment as their younger counter-parts.
- To focus on wellness and help to raise awareness.
- To feature like-minded organizations and agencies in our community.
- To contribute in community building and to help get our seniors involved in those efforts.
The International Women's Day Recognition Awards Dinners will be held on March 5th from 6-8:30 pm at Monaco's Palace. Keynotes speakers will include Rowena Gonzales-Siglos and Valerie Douglas.